CHARITABLE PURPOSES AND OBJECTS
The promotion of equality and diversity for the public benefit in Britain and internationally by researching, educating, advocating and lobbying for the elimination of exclusion and discrimination on the grounds of ethnicity, race, gender, disability, religion, belief, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, economic, social, cultural or refugee status.
To promote human rights throughout the world, for the public benefit, according to letter and spirit of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and other international and regional human rights conventions by all or any of the following means:
- Monitoring abuses of human rights and assisting efforts for their elimination
- Researching and publicising human rights issues
- Educating the public in human rights policies and abuses
- Contributing to and commenting upon proposed human rights legislation
- Providing advice to government and others on human rights matters
- Promoting support and respect for human rights among the public, corporations and other bodies, and individuals
- Advocating for human rights, both national and international
To advance in any part of the world the education of the public and institutions in the subjects of human rights, equality and diversity, for the public benefit, and to, where appropriate, undertake, commission and promote research in all aspects of these subjects, bringing all useful findings to the widest possible audience.
To provide for the public benefit individual casework, support, advice, advocacy and referrals on behalf of persons in need by reason of discrimination, prejudice, intolerance or persecution on the grounds of ethnicity, race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, economic, social, cultural or refugee status, religion or belief.